This blog is especially written for those students who want to pursue AMIE but are not familiar as to what is it all about.
I am going to explain all the tits and bits of the exam with the various subjects involved in it.
First of all we will understand,
What is AMIE?
It is a Bachelors in technology level examination in Engineering recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., AICTE, UPSC etc as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. That means, those who pass AMIE examination will get equal opportunities for job as well as higher education in both Govt. and private sectors, just like a B.E or B.Tech holder. The Institution of Engineers (India), the largest multidisciplinary body of engineers in the country is the authority that prepares syllabus, conducts examination and issue certificates etc. of AMIE.
The attraction with AMIE is that, it is a recognized engineering degree course that can be studied in distance education mode. Since this course does not demand any class room attendance, anyone who meets the specified eligibility criteria can become a graduate engineer in the least possible time and expense! Since we arrange AMIE Postal Class, this course is especially suitable for employed person, as they can study this course without being interfering with their job, whether they are in India or abroad.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for AMIE?
Those who wish to do AMIE must have any one of the following qualifications.
1. A recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering. (No marks restriction)
2. +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 45% marks.
Any educational qualifications equivalent to the above, are also eligible to apply for AMIE.
Those who pursue AMIE after their Diploma course are usually known as Diploma Stream Students (Senior Technician members), and others are known as Non-Diploma Stream Students (Technician members).
What are the branches available in AMIE?
Following engineering branches are available for study under AMIE:
1. Architectural Engineering
2. Chemical Engineering – http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/chemical-engineering/
3. Civil Engineering –http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/civil-engineering/
4. Computer Science and Engineering –http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/computer-science-and-engineering/
5. Electrical Engineering – http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/electrical-engineering/
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering – http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/electronics-and-communication-engineering/
7. Mechanical Engineering – http://www.thejainbrothers.com/product-category/book-store/amie-books/mechanical-engineering/
8. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
9. Mining Engineering
10. Production Engineering
11. Textile Engineering
When are the exams conducted for AMIE in the year?
The examinations are conducted in every June and December in all major cities in India. All enrolled students can appear for examination in any center convenient to them.
I hope you all found this blog beneficial and for any further queries you can always contact Jain Brothers.